Improving the Implementation of the NGO Law in Rwanda
CCOAIB and International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL), with the support of USAID are implementing the project “Improving the Implementation of the NGO Law in Rwanda” project. This program seeks to improve the implementation of the NGO Law by fostering dialogue between government and NGOs regarding how the legal framework can better address the needs and concerns of the sector. interventions. In particular, the program will strengthen civil society’s capacity to engage constructively with government officials regarding the NGO Law and its implementing regulations.
This is being achieved through implementation of systematic sequential interventions including facilitating multi-stakeholder consultations on the NGO Law implementing regulations and creating a mobile platform to encourage information exchange between NGOs and government regarding the implementation of the NGO Law among other
- Facilitating multi-stakeholder consultations on the NGO Law and implementing regulations leading to amendment of the law.
- Creating a mobile platform to encourage information exchange between NGOs and government regarding the implementation of the NGO Law among other interventions.
- Build capacity of government officials to better implement the law
- Develop a curriculum for the Civil Society Law course to be taught in Universities to equip upcoming professionals in the area of civil society
- Supporting CSOs to understand the law and have tools to conduct advocacy along the