Strengthen CSO capacity in Promoting Sustainable Agriculture Policies and citizen’s participatory Budgeting in Rwanda (SCAB) Project.
SCAB is a three-year project funded by the European Union. This project is being implemented by ActionAid Rwanda in partnership with CLADHO and CCOAIB
The project duration is 36 months:
Start date: 01/04/2016
End Date: 31/03/2019
Project target groups
- 15 CSOs (9 members of Rwanda Civil Society agriculture forum, 1 Rwanda women farmers network, 5 media houses)
- 20 CBOs – organizations members of CLADHO and CCOAIB
- 20 women farmers networks
763 small-holder farmers’ cooperatives in 8 districts including 31,230 members (10,618 men, 20,612 women).
Eight 8 District (Musanze, Gakenke, Karongi, Nyanza, Nyaruguru, Gisagara, Kamonyi)
Overall Project Goal
CSOs, CBOs, and Women farmers networks in 8 districts, are supported and have the capacity to engage in agriculture policy shaping and public accountability to ensure sustainable food security in Rwanda.
Project specific objective
To strengthen CSOs capacities in 8 districts to play their roles in agriculture policy shaping and budget planning processes.
- 15 CSOs, 20 CBOs and 20 Women farmers networks understand agriculture policies, their roles in formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the policies.
- CSOs and other stake holders organizing public dialogues on agriculture policies through their networking and coalition building structures to advocate for policy changes.
- CSOs and media houses have the capacity to collect and analyse agriculture budget information and the knowledge and skills to disseminate it to the public at local, national and regional levels with a purpose of advocating for change